Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Pop goes the crazy pregnant lady

Julie wants some pop. Somebody, anybody, bring over some pop. We're out of Sprite and Root Beer, and it's a crisis. I realize that I could run out and get her some pop in the time it will take me to write about her wanting pop, but that's beside the point.

I've worked enough today.

"You could drink that half-can of Sprite you left on the living room table yesterday."
"I hate you."
"I'll run out and get pop if you make me an offer I can't refuse."
"Get me some pop."
"That's the offer I can't refuse?"
"I have to settle my tummy."

I realize that's a low blow, revealing to the world that Julie says things like "I have to settle my tummy." Truly uncalled for, but all's fair in love and war.

I'll continue to barter with her: I buy her some pop, and I get to buy myself a new receiver. Gotta make this happen now, though, because Hell's Kitchen starts in 25 minutes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This one is hilarious Dan (actually all of them are!!)! Julie's demands could be worse I guess...what if she demanded that you take your big new TV back to the store because it makes her feel ill just looking at it...huh? :) I hope you made it back in time for Hells Kitchen... see you soon!