Monday, June 2, 2008

Glory

There is a food that Julie has rejected since its invention, a food that I have pushed and pushed for her to embrace, Super Bowl after Super Bowl, with no luck.

Totino's Pizza Rolls. Morsels of heaven, at least if heaven is cheesy and processed, which I sincerely hope it's not, but you get the picture.

Last night when I approached her with my white apron and waiter's notebook for her snack request, she said, "We don't have any more pizza rolls, do we?"

I stayed cool because too much outward glee might have sent the craving back into the depths. I simply said, "Okay honey," while my heart pounded.

As I tiptoed away, she said, "Actually, I want a hot ham and cheese with curly fries from Arby's."

Despair.

But then: "Tomorrow I want pizza rolls."

My little Julie is becoming more awesome. Is it too much to hope that next she'll stop hating Chipotle?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is SO not how this happened. I first asked for a BLT (which Dan didn't want to make at 10:30 at night), THEN I asked for pizza rolls (which we didn't have - someone didn't get them at Cub)....so I compromised like a good wife and asked for Arby's.

Dan - get it straight. :)

Grandma Jackie said...

Oh, that's so cute!!! Love you both, Love, Mom :)