Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sitting

I just got done sitting on Julie's legs. This is the role of the father, folks. Leg sitter. She has crazy legs, you see, and the condition has been exacerbated since this is day two of her house arrest.

Don't call it bed rest, by the way. It's house arrest. And hopefully the doctor on Friday will give her the all-clear to head back to work. Otherwise, I fear her sanity will continue to leak out her ear canal.

Like just now, for instance. In the past week, I think the happiest she's been with me is when I was sitting on her legs. That's just nutty.

We're in luck, though, because this timing is just about perfect. Today marked the release of the season four DVDs of Grey's Anatomy and The Office. Now she can watch McSlutty and McHairspray be miserable whether they're together or apart. And then I can arrive home and we can watch Michael Scott's infinitely more mature behavior.

And I'll do whatever Julie asks, from sitting on her legs to tap-dancing on her elbows. Oh, and our parenting classes start on Saturday. Let's hope she's labor-free until then. I'm planning on goofing around until I get in trouble with the teacher. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: