Thursday, September 25, 2008

Beautiful

No matter what happens, our daughter will have funny-looking ears. Mine are so large they flap in the wind. I have a nick in my left ear and an extra chunk in my right, as though at one point my ears were connected in the back of my head and separated asymmetrically.

Julie's ears stopped growing when she turned two.

Neither of us has a strong jawline. My chin has a slight butt and Julie's has none, but both of us have overbites. Were we yellow, we'd look like Simpsons. Our teeth look normal after years of braces.

Julie is obviously a complete stunner, though. And I look decent most days. According to Julie, however, if our kid inherits our worst physical characteristics, she might be the goofiest looking kid in America. Picture a tiny-eared, snaggle-toothed, bushy-eyebrowed, chinless girl with acne, a deviated septum, and a slightly receding hairline. That could be our daughter.

Actually, that was me at 15, minus the tiny ears. Hopefully our daughter will look like Julie, because I'd make an ugly girl.

No comments: