Friday, August 29, 2008

Milk

Julie emailed me today with the following subject line: "I think we need to buy chocolate milk."

The message said, "I might be addicted."

I can picture her with a gallon jug at her desk, head tipped back and chugging like a college student, the overflow dribbling off her chin like a waterfall onto her belly.

Her eyes dart back and forth as she chugs, making sure no one stumbles upon her like this, but not out of embarrassment as much as concern that they might want her to share.

I love that chocolate milk is like a new discovery, like "Did you know it also comes in chocolate?" When our daughter discovers chocolate milk, we'll act like it's a special treat in hopes that she will develop a lifelong addiction to it instead of Diet Coke.

Meanwhile, I will use this new chocolate milk infatuation as a bargaining chip. "Julie, if you empty this dishwasher, I will hand-deliver a frothy, ice-cold glass of chocolate milk." This weekend is going to be awesome.

No comments: