Sunday, August 17, 2008

Duluth


Surprise! Julie just gave birth to a four-and-a-half-month-old boy, three months early. There were complications when the hat came out bill-first, but otherwise all went well.

Actually, this is my cousin's kid. He liked Julie a lot, but he only put up with me out of politeness. I need to get a doll and practice holding it. I feel like I hold babies as if they're some combination of a puppy and a sandwich.

We were all in Duluth for my grandpa's 80th birthday. There he is on some of my cousins' shoulders; they were scream-singing "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow." Note the cute pregnant lady in the background.


The party was on a boat on Lake Superior. I neglected to share this detail with Julie until three days ago, thinking she might renege out of concern for motion sickness. I know, I'm a sensitive guy. I also forgot to remind her to bring a barrette or rubber band for the wind.


She actually did fine on the boat, despite confiding to me early, "I'm going to kill you." It was fun to see everyone, and we're certainly excited to give the birthday boy another great-grandchild.

No comments: