Sunday, July 27, 2008

Software

We bought the crib and the glide rocker yesterday--special ordered, actually, but both are picked and paid for. Now all we need is the baby.

We also need sheets and all that, but that's mainly Julie's job. Occasionally she summons me to the computer to give feedback on a pattern. Truthfully, I could not possibly care less. I nearly pulled a brain muscle yesterday trying to care less.

See, it's like this. Let's compare baby stuff to electronics and media. I care a great deal about cribs, chairs, and shelves--just like I care about televisions, computers, and consoles. I'm a hardware guy. Once I set it all up, though, watch whatever you want. Sheets? Good grief, if I cared about sheets, then I would have cleared my DVD stand long ago of Julie's festering Hugh Grant collection.

He's a stuttering fop! He has floppy hair! My goodness, Bridget, he is a saucy chappy indeed!

Just as Hugh Grant does not hurt the television, Julie could get sheets with cartoon dingos eating cartoon babies, and our crib wouldn't know the difference.

But regardless, I invent opinions that I think will complement hers, all the while fantasizing about the day when the crib actually arrives and I can haul it upstairs and assemble it.

No comments: