Friday, May 9, 2008

Shopping for elastic skirts and whatnot

Julie's mom is taking her shopping tomorrow. Thank God. This saves me the inevitable "Dan, we need to go look at tummy cremes" evening.

I swear, it's every guy's dream to have a wife with two sisters and a mom who want to take her shopping for maternity stuff. Her mom even found a high chair. It's oak, Amish, and 50% off. It's also about five months early for a high chair, but you gotta be impressed that she's thinking about that while Julie and I are still as clueless as a couple of monkeys flinging their poo.

I mean, I don't know if I would have ever thought to buy a high chair. I'd be feeding junior in his crib, wondering why no one had ever invented a chair that was baby-sized and just a little bit higher than other chairs.

While we're at it, though, I should throw out there that daddy needs a new set of speakers and a TV to go with them. It's not fair that there's so much maternity miscellany to buy and nothing for the dad.

Is that selfish? They wouldn't even have to be Bose speakers. Okay, yes they would.

No comments: