Saturday, May 17, 2008

Just eat orange tic tacs instead

One thing that's grossing Julie out lately is brushing her teeth. And she has this wonderful tendency to vocalize her gags. Let's see if I can spell the sound she makes: Hwaah. Yup, that's pretty accurate.

Luckily, the gags haven't yielded any solid matter, which would negate the entire toothbrushing experience. I know better than to take the husband-as-coach approach, but I have several idiotic comments should I ever feel like annoying her.

- You know it isn't necessary to brush your throat, right?
- Maybe if you gagged quietly, you would gag less. Or at least I would.
- Pretend the toothpaste is something you enjoy, like scallops.
- You are using the tube that says "Toothpaste," aren't you?
- The garage might be a nice place to brush your teeth from now on.

I'll keep these to myself, lest they provoke her to do something to her toothbrush that would injure me greatly and make it even grosser for her to brush after.

No comments: