Friday, November 14, 2008

Treading

Well, Julie decided that her leave of absence will start Monday, baby or not. I can't imagine how it would feel to be done with Corporate America for the rest of 2008 and the first two months of 2009. She also scheduled her induction for Wednesday. Whee!

This weekend, I will feed her spicy foods. I will make her hop around the livingroom like a bunny-rabbit. If that doesn't work, I'll put her in the wheelbarrow and roll her around the neighborhood, up and down speed bumps and through piles of leaves, in hopes to jostle the baby into action.

If it works too well and she starts to deliver while in the wheelbarrow, then I will put on some gardening gloves and make it happen. In the wheelbarrow she'll be at a pretty decent angle for birthing, so...yeah, I'm a moron.

I did get the car seat inspected yesterday. I'm glad I got it taken care of; those things are nearly impossible to install yourself. Basically, what all new parents should do is set up an appointment early. We lucked out to find an officer who could fit me in the very next day. I had to kneel on the base with all my weight while both of us jerked the seatbelt upward to make it so tight that the base wouldn't move more than an inch.

Any guesses at how much training this police officer got on car seat installation? Try 40 hours. Wow: and to think that many parents just install it themselves and hope it's all good. I'll be able to install my own car seats from now on, but I'm definitely not teaching anybody else, nor should you unless you want to be held responsible if something goes wrong.

So we're kind of treading water at this point. Today we got the dogs groomed, so they're not all mangy and nasty anymore; they're closer to worthy of meeting their new young master.

If she ever comes, that is.

No comments: